Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another day in Democracy

Super Tuesday has come and gone.

I will be voting for Obama if he wins the Democratic nomination.

I need to see how Hillary Clinton plans to unify the nation if I am going to put any support her way. I feel that it has been cliche among the right-wing populous to hate Hillary, and I need to know how she plans on overcoming that and jolting this nation out of its governmental paralysis.

Seeing Obama achieve such success in the Democratic party shows that he can speak the language of the liberals, but in order for him to win the general election he has to speak the languages of both sides of the aisle. I don't think Clinton is qualified to bring people together.

Also, I find his lack of executive experience endearing. I would rather vote for a candidate that gives me hope for the nation at large than for a candidate that gives me security that the donkey will prevail.

I have often said that I would consider voting for McCain if I didn't believe in the Democrats. I don't think that's the case any longer. I like his moderate nature, but the conservative side of him is just too strong for me. Then again, he's been trying to win Republican votes in recent speeches. Maybe he'll change his tune once he wins the primary.

Ron Paul, despite being on the opposite end of the spectrum from me by party affiliation, has given me a reason to believe that fiscal conservatism in its pure form, uncorrupted by corporate interests, can be powerful. If there's anything I know it is that we have to stop spending so much money if we are going to see such lackluster results.

I hope Obama is listening to Ron Paul like I am. They can learn from each other.

The best part is, no one knows that better than Barack Obama.

Class time. Paz.

No comments: