Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blogging again

The truth is, I actually do enjoy writing. Here is an excuse to do more of it.

I really don't know what I want out of this blog.

I will probably end up writing a lot about music.

I will probably end up writing a lot about politics.

I will probably end up writing a lot about me.

Hopefully it won't end up quite as over-the-top as my last blog, although that one still has some entries that I am proud of (and it's still on the internet...).

So let's get down to it: blue.

Almost Famous.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Jeff Buckley when I'm pensive, Paul Simon when I'm in neutral, Ragtime or Into the Woods when I'm driving a long distance by myself, Led Zeppelin when I'm nostalgic, John Mayer's "Continuum" album when I'm trying to renew my faith in pop music, Mos Def when I feel like bobbing my neck with my eyes closed, The Pixies when I'm driving with the windows open in the summer, Beck's "Midnight Vultures" album any day at any hour, Prince when I'm feeling no inhibitions, Death Cab when I'm feeling a little angsty, The Decemberists when I feel like looking up words, James Taylor, Iron & Wine or Guster when I just want to sing along, Billy Joel, Ben Folds (Five) or The Police when I want to shout along, and The Flaming Lips whenever I want to have my mind blown.

That should answer a lot of questions.

I believe that Def Leppard's "Hysteria" marked the end of the rock album, and I hate them for it. Any comments?

No comments: